YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT SANDWICH! 1. Wrap your meals in parchment paper before putting it in the oven. Not only is this an easy, mess-free approach, but it’ll also create a ~steam pocket~ that ensures everything comes out much more moist, tender, and flavorful than when cooked independently. Wild Greens And Sardines Plus! It allows everything to breathe more than tinfoil does, meaning your food won’t get soggy. Basically this a great way for beginners to get the flavorful outcome they DESERVE when cooking.
Promising review : “The prefect parchment paper I have found is Reynolds! Parchment paper is so ideal for cooking and I just recently discovered using parchment paper as opposed to aluminum foil. You just lay it down before the food and nothing sticks, and the paper itself does not stick to the pan. You pick it up when you are done and toss it in the trash. This brand seems to withstand heat the longest and allow for cooking of any kind. I highly recommend this.” — Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $4.55 .
Check out ” 16 Parchment-Wrapped Dinners For People Who Hate Dishes ” for easy, satisfying recipes, or go straight to Wild Greens & Sardines for the above salmon en papillote with miso butter recipe .
2. Fret not if that seems too *fancy* — all you need to do is fold the piece of parchment paper in half, cut out a heart, and fold all your ingredients inside. Nothing to steam over — especially when you realize this also means fewer dishes! Jenny Chang / BuzzFeed Check out the full tutorial to fold parchment paper like a pro.
3. Keep a hand juicer nearby to add some lemon whenever your food tastes flat. The lemon’s acidity cuts through fat, balances dishes that are too salty, and brightens flavor, making it the easiest antidote to all of your culinary emergencies. Amazon This juicer even filters out seeds and has a pour spout so you can easily avoid messes. It comes with two strainer attachments: one for lemons and limes, and one for oranges.
Promising review : “I absolutely love this juicer! I’ve used it numerous times since I purchased it. It’s very easy to use and simple to clean. It seems very sturdy and made well. I made fresh squeezed orange juice with it and it was amazing!” — Kelly
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 .
Check out ” 12 Cooking Hacks Culinary School Students Swear By ” for more little-known tips.
4. Master a simple pesto recipe so you can upgrade just about every previously bland meal: plain chicken, leftover pasta, WHATEVER. It’s super easy to make and will last you all week so you can always rely on it as a *finishing touch*. The Suburban Soap Box Sounds like too much work? Try this popular all-natural pesto paste ( $8.66 on Amazon) that’s made of nothing more than basil, sunflower and olive oils, salt, pine nuts, and garlic.
Check out ” 20 Go-To Recipes Every Twentysomething Should Know ” for even more super easy recipes, or go straight to The Suburban Soapbox for the above basil pesto recipe .
5. Invest in at least one good chef’s knife if you’re hesitant to buy a full knife set. It’s the ultimate multitasker — it’ll help you learn how to chop, mince, slice, dice, and everything in between so you can actually follow more advanced recipes. BuzzFeed Reviews
Promising review : “If you cook at all you know that using a comfortable and sharp knife makes all the difference in the world. I find myself not having to sharpen this knife as often as I sharpen my far more expensive knives. Also the handle fits perfectly in my hand, making it more comfortable when cutting, slicing, chopping, or whatever. It has quickly become my favorite knife to use, in spite of my more expensive knives that I own. I look forward to the many more meals I’ll be using this knife to assist!” — Olga S.
Get it from Amazon for $18.88+ (available in six sizes).
See why this won best lowest-priced chef’s knife on BuzzFeed Reviews .
6. And! Practice basic knife skills so you can a) learn what the heck “chiffonade” means in your cookbook, and b) start to chop like a total pro and make your onions look *chef kisses fingers* SUPERBE. Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF BuzzFeed Tasty
And take it one step further by getting a set of four plastic cutting boards ( $14.99 on Amazon) that each have a different food icon (meat, fish, chicken, vegetables) so you can separate as you prep to keep everything neat and hygienic. Aka now you don’t have to keep washing your cutting board to separate raw chicken from diced tomato.
Check out ” Tasty 101’s Basic Knife Skills ” for your essential ~chopping guide~.
7. Transform your go-to ramen noodles into exciting, gourmet meals with merely a few fresh ingredients. It’s still a cheap and fast way to end your day, but will now be MUCH more satisfying. Taylor Miller / Buzzfeed Get a 48-pack of ramen noodles from Amazon for $10.99 .
Check out ” These Quick Ramen Hacks Will Save Your Busy Weeknights ” for easy yet delicious ramen recipes.
8. Dump everything onto a sheet pan to streamline your prep time, while still benefiting from highly nutritious (and delicious!) meals. One dish to clean + zero time commitment = a very happy stomach. Taylor Miller / BuzzFeed, Photos: Taylor Miller, Art: Andrew Richard Promising review : “These pans are kitchen workhorses. I have three sizes in my kitchen now: the quarter, the half, and now the large. They are all made from the same durable aluminum. They clean up beautifully and they last. They heat evenly and beautifully. And at this price, if you ruin one, you won’t cry. I use these for everything from baking, to roasting vegetables, to catching drippings off meats. The large size is especially great for all the sheet pan dinner recipes that have become popular. The larger size ensures that the food won’t be overcrowded .” — CJ
Get two-pack of sheet pans from Amazon for $16.99 .
Check out ” 16 Sheet Pan Dinners That’ll Save You Some Serious Time ” for super simple recipes.
9. Incorporate more herbs into your dishes to ~spice things up~ without the need for too many ingredients. A pair of herb scissors will do all the mincing and cutting for you so everything’s in the pot before you have time to give up. Amazon
Promising review : “I was a bit leery about buying a separate pair of snippers just to clip my indoor herbs. Now having used them, I think they are the best purchase ever! The handle is big enough for my fingers and hand to grip but the snipper is small enough to get in and around the herbs for trimming or cutting what I need when I cook. They are well-built and come with a snipper guard to protect them when they are in the storage drawer. They aren’t very expensive and it is well worth the convenience.” — codylass
Get it from Amazon for $11.53 .
10. Explore more possibilities than just baked goods when using a muffin pan (poached eggs, anyone?). All that is required of you is tossing in a few ingredients and of course not burning the house down. Walmart Promising review : “WOW, truly incredible product. I absolutely love these muffin pans. Not only do I love the blue silicone grips (so useful), but the pan truly is the best I’ve used.” — afm55
Get a pack of two muffin tins from the BuzzFeed Tasty collection at Walmart for $13.99 .
Check out more from Tasty for Muffin Tin Customizable Veggie Egg Cups .
11. Enjoy satisfyingly crispy food *without* the usual oil mess by converting to the wildly popular Airfyer . It only requires a tablespoon of oil (or less!). Basically finger foods are about to be REBORN. Jon Premosch / BuzzFeed Promising review : “I’ve had this for a month and I LOVE it! It makes great chicken wings that are crispy as if they are fried. To make the chicken wings, I just throw the chicken wings in oil and some seasoning and leave them to marinate for a little bit. Then I dip them in egg and roll them in flour, set them in the air fryer, spray a tiny bit of oil, and they’re good to go. I’ve been concerned about my health lately, and chicken wings do not achieve the crunch that I want when I make them in the oven. This is also great for reheating things. They reheat tacos really well without making them soggy. Plus, cleanup is a breeze. I just soak the pan in water and soap and everything comes off easily.” — aurelie
Get it from Amazon for $169.99 .
Check out ” I Tried The Airfryer Kitchen Gadget That’s All Over The Internet ” to get some yummy food ideas.
12. Pick up some ~pro tips~ from culinary experts to know all the little hacks that make restaurant food so dang delicious. For starters, pat your protein dry to ensure they’ll always get that perfectly golden sear. Hannah Wong / BuzzFeed
Another tip: you can ditch fancy peelers, because there’s only one kind chefs use. Surprise! It’s the cheapest style. The Y-shaped peeler ( $8.99 on Amazon) is sturdy, inexpensive, and gentle enough to peel delicate vegetables without ruining them.
Check out ” 17 Clever Cooking Tips I Learned While Working In Restaurants ” for more ~digestible~ advice.
13. Memorize a few simple, yet creative side dishes to keep your go-to chicken recipe from getting mundane. You’ll thank yourself when you can liven up day four of meal prep with some 🙌honey-roasted carrots🙌. Pinch Of Yum, Love And Lemons Check out ” 17 Easy Vegetable Sides That Are Actually Delicious ” for a the yummy ideas, like the above sesame roasted sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash with chickpeas and kale recipes.
14. Unleash the magic of garlic (it makes EVERYTHING taste better) without any of the work. A garlic peeler prevents the painstaking process of getting to the clove yourself, while a garlic press cancels tedious chopping. Amazon
Promising review (for the garlic peeler): “Love! Love! Love! I am so happy with this garlic peeler. One of my least favorite kitchen tasks in food prep has always been peeling garlic. I watch it done on cooking shows, but never could get the hang of it. This little gadget is perfect! First time I tried it, I put in three cloves of garlic, rolled it on the cabinet, and out came three perfectly peeled garlic cloves. Nothing could have been easier. Very happy!” — JustJan
Get them from Amazon: the garlic peeler for $4.99 and the garlic press for $12.98 .
15. Discover a quality classic roast chicken recipe you’ll be able to rely on for years. The trick is finding the perfect balance between reasonable prep time, simple ingredients, and *crispy yet juicy* results. The Kitchn
The Kitchn had a roast chicken cook-off to see which recipe out of four iconic favorites is truly the best (based on its level of difficulty, how much time it requires, taste, and level of juiciness and crispiness).
The clear winner: Ina Garten’s “famous roast chicken”. It’s timelessly savory (hello, lemon and herbs), incredibly straightforward to make, and comes out golden and crisp every 👏damn👏 time👏. Bonus points if you use cooking twine . The Kitchn The Queen of Everything, Ina Garten got a 10/10 based on its taste (a perfect blend of juicy, salty, and fatty), simplicity, and deliciously crisp skin. The best part: basically anyone with an oven can handle it. Jeffrey, you are a LUCKY MAN.
Why truss a chicken? It’ll bring out the chicken’s natural flavor and moisture by locking it all in while it roasts.
Get a roll of cooking twine from Amazon for $4.99 .
16. Balance your Kindle or cookbook on a metal stand so you can easily keep up with recipes. No more splattering tomato sauce all over your book as you try to read measurements. Plus! It doubles as a tower ladle and lid stand to help prevent messes! Amazon Promising review : “I just received this stand. I tested it by putting two large cooking spoons and a large heavy glass stock pot lid and it worked really well. I love the fact that my glass lids get full of steam and that drips down to the rubber plate at the bottom of the stand. I then tested my iPad and I loved it enough to order a second just for my iPad which I use for all my recipes.” — Mariel1951
Get it from Amazon for $18+ (available in two colors).
17. Check whether your meal is fully cooked with a digital meat thermometer , instead of slicing it open to see if it’s still raw. Cutting your chicken, meat, etc. open too early wastes all of those precious juices and makes your dinner d-r-y. Amazon
This comes with comes with two probes (which you use to test the meat’s temperature) and a timer. Its touchscreen reads temps for eight types of meat: beef, lamb, veal, hamburger, pork, turkey, chicken, and fish, as well as their various degrees of doneness from well to rare. You can even set your own personal preferences!
Promising review : “The only word to describe this thermometer is perfect. I purchased a new grill and it was completely different from my previous one. Of course, cooking times are going to vary and it would have taken me forever to get the hang of it if I didn’t have one of these. This thermometer is amazing; it comes with two of the sticks, so if you are cooking two meats at once, you can poke both with the sharp end which reads the meat’s temp. This thermometer is a must have for anyone. The best part is that it’s magnetic, so you can put it on the fridge and not lose it.” — Heather Shephard
Get it from Amazon for $17.99 .
18. Conquer seemingly high maintenance meals like homemade pasta with a ravioli maker . All you need to do is buy the dough (you’re not making it, let’s be real), and stuff the middle with a filler. And, well, cook it, but this will do all the hard work. Amazon, amazon.com Promising review : “This ravioli mold is so easy to use and makes perfect ravioli. We’d always formed the ravioli by hand before, which resulted in big ravioli with lots of pasta and not enough filling. These are perfectly portioned and make economical use of dough and filling — we increased our ravioli output by almost three times per batch! This is also much easier and faster to do than forming and cutting them by hand — you don’t even need water/egg wash to seal them, as the mold seals them tightly without any help, without any guesswork or mess. It was really easy to get the hang of, and by the second tray we’d perfected our system.” — Amy R.
Get it from Amazon for $15.45 .
19. Match your choice of pasta to to sauces that best bring out *just* the right amount of texture and taste. Essentially, the thicker the pasta, the chunkier and meatier the sauce. Alice Mongkongllite / BuzzFeed
Another important ~pasta fact~: you should never let your pasta just rest in the colander. The longer it sits in the colander, the more the noodles will stick together. This strainer ( $11.99 on Amazon) lets you pour water out directly from the pot so you quickly add the sauce right in the original pot.
Check out ” 12 Common Mistakes You Might Be Making While Cooking Pasta ” to learn more.
20. Transfer anything and everything you’re chopping from the cutting board to the stove with a bench scraper. It’s more efficient than trying to collect food with your hands, and will also prevent you from dulling your knife if you usually scrape with that. Lauren Zaser / BuzzFeed Plus it makes cleanup fast and easy!
Promising review : “Every now and then I run across a simple little tool that I knew about, but never owned. I always used the side of my chef’s knife to transfer chopped, diced or minced food to the pan or bowl. I thought that a scoop or shovel was not necessary and was better suited for amateurs. Then I was cooking at a friend’s house and saw him using this exact tool. I was shocked to see how quickly he picked up every bit of the chopped rosemary that was on his cutting board. As soon as I got home I purchased one and I am so glad that I did.” — Timothy B. Riley
Get it from Amazon for $5.95+ (available in five colors).
Check out ” 17 Genius Cooking Tricks That Professional Chefs Want You To Know ” for more pro tips.
21. Marinate your protein for the proper amount of time so that your dish soaks in as much flavor as possible. The good news: even if you forget to throw ingredients together in advance, everything besides red meat can soak for about 20 minutes and still give you plenty of flavor — ESPECIALLY when you use a meat injector . BuzzFeed
This meat injector kit comes with three needles: one with side holes for liquid marinades, one needle with large end holes for minced garlic, onion, and solids, and one short needle for chicken.
Promising review : “This little invention is AWESOME! It makes food prep so nice. You no longer have to ‘soak’ your meat for hours in the marinade that, with thicker cuts, never gets all through the meat anyway. I now use this and give my roasts and roasting chickens a bunch of injections and we’re off to the races with yummy results!” — Valerie Ballard
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 .
Check out ” How To Marinate And Make Better Food ” for more savory deets.
22. Get big results with minimal effort by making your meals in an Instant Pot . You just need to muster the energy to toss everything into the pot, set the timer, and leave. It’ll do all the hard work while you spend your day doing anything but cooking. The Kitchn, Pinch Of Yum Promising review : “After a childhood experience that involved a pressure cooker spewing black beans all over the ceiling, I had no interest in ever trying a pressure cooker again. Until I started hearing about the Instant Pot. I’ve had it three weeks, and have used the pressure cooker function to make dishes as varied as black bean soup, butternut squash soup, dulce de leche, and cheesecake. My favorite aspect of it is that you set it and walk away. No more having to monitor the temperature. No more having to time the pressure phase. I also like the fact that the sauté function allows you to brown the onions or meat in the same pot, before adding the other ingredients and cooking at pressure. I’m big on avoiding recipes that create a lot of dirty dishes.” — A. Jennerjahn
Get it from Amazon for $79.95+ (available in three sizes).
To learn more about the Instant Pot, check out a BuzzFeeder’s full review . And! Check out ” 16 Instant Pot Recipes You Can Make With Just Five Ingredients ” for some ideas, like the above spaghetti squash and mac n’ cheese recipes.
23. And! Use slow cooker liners to make cleanup incredibly fast so you’re actually motivated to cook again. The faster messes are gone = the faster you can dump in more ingredients to try out more meals. Amazon
Promising review : “I just purchased a slow cooker so I ordered these liners. Man, am I glad I did! I used one to cook a whole chicken and then filled it with water to make stock once we finished eating the chicken. The liner held up to making the stock, water to the near top of the cooker, for 15 hours. Once I dipped the stock and bones out of it, all I had to do was gather the liner together at the top and throw it away. The cooker was spotless! I had also cooked the chicken for eight hours. So, the liner held up for 23 hours of cooking without ripping at all. I am very pleased and will use them every time I use my slow cooker.” — Linda Williams
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $2.98 .
Check out ” 12 Dump Dinner Hacks That’ll Make Dinner So Much Easier ” for more ways to make your slow cooker meals as simple as possible.
24. Organize yourself before diving into a recipe with stoneware pinch bowls . You won’t feel as frazzled when everything has its own place — aka there’s less of a chance you’ll make mistakes. No more accidentally adding three tablespoons of chili powder. A true regret. Amazon Promising review : “These are great little pinch bowls, exactly what I was looking for. They’re sturdy, just the right size, and I love the colors. I use them for food prep, measuring spices, and whatnot before I start cooking a recipe; they are just big enough to hold a few tablespoons. I also like being able to pour sea salt into one to add small amounts as needed when I’m cooking . I love them.” — Natalie Hernandez
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in three color combinations).
25. Roast your meatballs in an empty egg carton to wick away the grease, cook each one evenly (hello, heavenly crispy outside), and transfer them more smoothly than when they’re stuck on pans. Perfectly round meatballs — that’s amore. Christopher Hudspeth / BuzzFeed Promising review : “These cartons are a great buy. We have Rhode Island reds and leghorns, which can lay gigantic eggs, and these cartons fit them all and still close. I like the material they are made of, instead of the plastic, and it cushions the eggs pretty well.” — MWeatherholtz
Get a pack of ten cartons from Amazon for $12.49 (available in three sizes).
Check out ” I Tried This Odd Meatball Cooking Hack And Here’s How It Turned Out ” to learn more.
26. Be sure you’re cooking with kosher salt , as opposed to table salt. Kosher salt is the only kind to dissolve quickly and without any strange flavors so it’ll merely *enhance* your dish, not alter it. And try to sprinkle it from high above to evenly distribute it — yes, think Salt Bae. Charlotte Gomez / BuzzFeed
Promising review : “This kosher salt is the one Alton Brown uses, so I had to check it out. I don’t buy anything else, as larger grain salt just falls off food that you sprinkle it on. Diamond Crystal clings onto food and tastes great. I won’t go back to table salt again!” — The Guru
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 .
Check out ” 11 Tips For Perfectly Seasoning Your Food ” for more on how to salt your food.
27. Say goodbye to unwanted chunks by replacing your whisk with an immersion blender . It features six speeds from fine-tuning to turbo pulse so your creamy soups will finally have the restaurant-quality texture that would require a heck of a lot more time when whisking by hand. Amazon It comes with five attachments: a food chopping bowl, mixing beaker, stainless steel blade, whisk attachment, and a power cord.
Promising review : “This blender is much more versatile than any single appliance I could’ve bought. I’ve used it almost every time I bake or cook: to whip up meringues, to chop up oats to a slightly finer consistency, to blend soups, etc. It’s also very easy to clean, a rinse under hot water often gets the job done. The immersion bender and whisk attachments are the perfect size for wide-mouth 16 oz. mason jars, so they’re conveniently sized for smoothies.” — Lebensmüde
Get it from Amazon for $37.99 .
See what won best hand mixers on BuzzFeed Reviews .
28. Reach Michelin star–status while doing a whole lot less (and for a lot cheaper) by cooking your entire meal in a pre-seasoned cast iron skillet . Aesthetically pleasing? Check. Barely trying? Double check. Seasons & Suppers
Promising review : “I’m enjoying cooking now that I have my cast iron skillet. This skillet is used for just about everything I cook ! I love that it can go from the burner to the oven and back again without having to use two pans. Clean-up is so easy, too!” — J. Hicks
Get it from Amazon for $22.67+ (available in two sizes).
Check out ” 21 Cast Iron Skillet Recipes You Should Try “, or go straight to Seasons & Suppers for the above loaded smashed potato skillet recipe . And! See what won best cast iron skillets on BuzzFeed Reviews .
29. Extend the shelf life of your groceries so you always have fresh ingredients on hand with a set of produce-saving sheets . This is *especially* helpful if you’re cooking for one, but still want to buy fresh produce. Amazon Promising review : “No need for a long review. These add substantial life to your produce. I’ve used these, and I’ve used the balls, and these work much better. I can put a sheet in a bowl, pile on the fruit, and keep the bowl at room temperature. That’s a death notice for most fruit, but the sheet keeps the produce nice and fresh outside of the fridge for a week. There are no negatives to this product that I can see.” — Torey Beavers
Get an eight-pack from Amazon for $9.99 (also available as bread-saver sheets).
30. Feel free to always go for the cheaper cuts of steak (we’re on a budget). To bring out the most flavor, marinade it with ingredients like soy sauce and garlic and then sear it in a cast iron skillet. Voilà; you are now a fine diner. Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF BuzzFeed Tasty
Don’t forget to WAIT for at least five minutes before cutting so the juices don’t go to waste!
Get a bottle of soy sauce from Walmart for $2.69 .
Check out ” How To Cook A Cheap Steak Vs. An Expensive Steak ” for the full tutorial.
31. Beautify your egg-cooking abilities (aka I know how to not burn things) by cracking the egg into a strainer first. The yolk will come out perfectly yellow, which means you’re about to hit 200+ likes on Instagram. Shunsuke Mori / BuzzFeed
Get a set of three strainers from Amazon for $9.99 .
To learn more, check out ” Here’s The One Thing You Need To Know About Making Insta-Worthy Fried Eggs “.
32. End any struggles with measuring by enlisting the help of stainless steel mixing bowls with measuring guide markings. No math, no problem. Macy’s It comes with a 1.5 quart bowl, 3 quart bowl, and 5 quart bowl, all with lids and silicone non-slip bases. Each have spouts for easy pouring and measurements inside!
Promising review : “I bought these bowls a month ago and have been using them constantly. Prior to these I had glass bowls and melamine bowls. They were so heavy that I hated even struggling to get them out of the cabinet. These are incredibly lightweight but are so far strong and the handles, spouts, and measurements make them super convenient. Plus, they nest and take up little space in the cabinet.” — April
Get it from BuzzFeed’s Goodful line, exclusively at Macy’s for $71.99 .
33. Transform your usual go-tos (i.e. popcorn, spaghetti, etc.) with just one household ingredient ( soy sauce for popcorn and baking soda for spaghetti). The added component will make you feel like a five-star chef, when really you should be thanking your pantry. Hannah Loewentheil / BuzzFeed FYI, soy sauce is great for popcorn because the saltiness of soy sauce brings out the savory flavors in popcorn! Baking soda makes spaghetti lighter and bouncier (a great tip if you’re a ramen fan)!
Get soy sauce from Walmart for $2.69 and baking soda from Amazon for $3.70 .
Check out ” I Tried 8 Miracle Flavor Hacks To Upgrade My Favorite Foods ” for all the ways you can add a twist to your favorite foods.
34. Prepare your meat and poultry in a ceramic sauté pan . Not only can ceramic cookware hold up in the oven, but it’s non-stick so you’ll never lose the crispy coating when transferring your meal to your plate. Basically this was MADE to get high-quality dishes into your belly faster. Walmart
Promising review : “I love this pan! It replaces a deep sided wok for large-scale sautéing and frying. The curved sides keep splatter to a minimum and so far, it has been exceptionally non-stick and easy to clean. I really appreciate that it is not toxic Teflon, and can be used at higher temperatures than Teflon.” — ColoradoCook
Get it from the BuzzFeed Tasty collection at Walmart for $26.88 (available in two colors).
Check out ” Here’s Why Ceramic Cookware Is The Best ” for more on why you should make this switch.
35. Budget your meals so your saved moolah becomes a major incentive to eat in (and practice your cooking!). “But that’s so boring,” you say? Does a bento box with green curry, crisped tofu, and sweet potato sound uninteresting? I THINK NOT. Pinch Of Yum Use a bento box ( $24.95 on Amazon) as a stylish lunch box so you never forget your yummy leftovers.
Check out ” 19 Healthy Dinners Under $10 You Should Make ASAP ” for more ideas, or go straight to Pinch of Yum for the above five-ingredient green curry recipe .
36. Refresh boring chicken recipes with nothing more than three-ingredient marinades. A bit of coconut milk , lemon juice , and kosher salt are all you need to give your chicken breast a whole new life (so to speak…). Jenny Chang / BuzzFeed
Get them from Amazon: coconut milk for $1.99 , lemon juice for $1.27 , and kosher salt for $7.99 .
Check out ” 31 Brilliant Ways To Dress Up A Pound Of Chicken ” for more yummy ideas.
37. Impress yourself and your guests with seemingly hard dishes (yes, I DID bake my own bread). But between you and me, this four ingredient no-knead bread recipe gives fluffy, fool-proof results every time. Hannah Loewentheil / BuzzFeed Or! Go above and beyond and get a bread maker ( $68.74 on Amazon) that already has over 1,000 five-star reviews that speak to its ease of use and ~quality results~!
Check out ” I Tried 8 “Miracle” Pinterest Recipes And Here’s How They Actually Turned Out ” for more pin-worthy ideas.
38. Convince both yourself and your Instagram followers that you’re on your way to Ratatouille status by poaching eggs with special silicone cups . They make the process so easy, you can even do it before coffee. amazon.com
All you do is crack the eggs into the cups, place them in one inch of water, and let them cook! If stovetop is too hard, you can even put these in the microwave!
Promising review : “In my entire life I have never been able to successfully make poached eggs. If I cooked them in water they turned into a glob of egg entrails and water. If I tried the microwave poacher the eggs usually exploded or if not, tasted like condensed rubber. I love eggs benedict and could just never get the eggs right to make this as a regular dish. Anyway, these egg poachers came from Amazon this morning. I decided then and there to give them a try. I followed the directions and in seven minutes I had perfectly cooked, easy-to-extract-without-breaking-the-yolk poached eggs . It was the best eggs benedict I have ever made. These things are the real deal and I highly recommend them.” — Cyrus
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $13.97 .
39. Invest in a fish spatula to avoid accidentally ripping your fish. They’re super thin and flexible so you can safely get under delicate fillets without breaking them. Tl;dr: it’s much easier to protect that yummy, crispy skin with this style spatula. BuzzFeed
Promising review : “True, I didn’t think a specialty spatula was a kitchen requirement — until I started mutilating my delicious fish dinners by trying to use normal nylon or silicone turners. Now I can get my thinnest fillets out of the sauté pan in one piece. I know I probably should be hand-washing this since it has a wooden handle, but I confess that I always throw it in the dishwasher and it doesn’t seem any worse for it.” — LegoGirl
Get it from Amazon for $5.95+ (available in nine sizes).
Check out ” 12 Practical Tips For Cooking Fish At Home ” for even more ~fishy advice~.
40. Measure out your ingredients accurately with a digital scale so you don’t waste food (for future meals) and prevent any mistakes when tackling more *advanced* recipes. Macy’s It’s easy-to-read digital screen can measure in grams, ounces, pounds, milliliters, and fluid ounces!
Promising review : “I love it. What’s also helpful are the measurements that’s on top of it. It’s very easy to use. I simply lay scale on a flat surface, add my bowl/plate, and add my food. It allows you to change measurements unit as the item sits on the scale. I’m buying one for my mom when it’s on sale again.” — SheridaH
Get it from BuzzFeed’s Goodful line, exclusively at Macy’s for $35.99 .
When you successfully flip an omelette after a full week of ordering takeout: Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF Tap to play or pause GIF Food Network
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.
Looking for more stuff to help make your house a home? Check out the best places to buy inexpensive furniture online , the best places to buy couches online , cute home decor you’ll wish you knew about sooner, or check out all of our home content for even more great ideas. Shopping for something specific? Check out BuzzFeed Reviews to find the best things for every budget! BuzzFeed